Non-compete agreement - Need Advise Urgent!!!

santosh_verma

So I was worked with this company A fulltime for client X(Group Y) and then moved to different contracting position. Now company B offered me contracting position with same Client X (but in different Group Z).

I have non-compete agreement of 1 YR with my previous company A to not to provide service to the client X.

I'm confused as I'm not sure if this Non-compete agreement is applicable even if I join different group for Client X where Company A do not operates.

Below is the Non-Compete agreement with this company. Time is critical for me so I would request urgent responses.

"Non-Competition with Companies's key business clients;Employee agrees that while an employee of the company and for a period of tweleve(12) months after termination either voluntarily or involuntarily, Employee will not provide competitive products or services to any of the companies client with which Employee had material or substantial contact during the last tweleve(12) months of employee's employment with the company."

Archived