Is it possible to get your First H1B stamp in Vancover Canada

Gp.Singh

Hi Guys,

I came to this country in 2006 on F1 and my F1 Visa was expired in June 2007.

After that i stayed on my I-20 than OPT and now i have been on H1B for last 4 years. I always maintain my working status legally in the country.

In a meantime i have never been out of US and got my Visa stamped.

Is is possible for me to get my Visa stamped from Vancover Canada as this is my First stamping for H1B Visa after F1? If Yes, What all i need?

Thanks in advance

GP

I am also in the same situation like you i emailed the Ottawa consulate and i got the following response,

It is always best to apply for a visa in your home country. However, we understand that it can be difficult for those living in the U.S. to return home. You may request an appointment for a visa interview at the Embassy in Ottawa or at any of our Consulates throughout Canada. To book an appointment for a visa interview and for information on documentation requirements, please see the following link: http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Please be aware that demand for visas from those living in the U.S. far exceeds our visa appointment capacity. It is possible that you may experience a long wait for an appointment or that no appointments may be available until others cancel their appointments

As long as we have valid US degree we can go to Canada for Stamping, they mentioned the following in Ottawa consulate website

Consular officers in Canada may refuse to issue a visa to first-time H1B applicants if the applicant's education and/or work experience is solely or predominantly from a country other than the United States or Canada. In the absence of U.S. or Canadian education or work experience, we strongly encourage you to apply from your country of residence.

Thanks

Aj

Archived