Require Advise - critical

forumsvisa

Hi,

I have had H1 B Visa valid till dec 2013 with employer A and wokring in US, i got an offer from employer B recently and got the visa Transfered and had confirmed to join on May 2 week.

after my resignation acceptance with Employer A , i intimated employer B and they informed me that the position that was offered to me was cancelled and declined the offer later after 2 days.

Now i have passed the last working day with employer A and still located in US, looking for a job.

I was informed by few of the consultants that i find a job in the mean time and can stay here till end of May since my last working day with previous employer was in last week of april.

I have cleared an interview for one of the position and my consultant is saying that he ll apply for H1 visa tansfer on may 22 and i should be able to work.

Please let me know if i can stay here and look for a job or if i have to immediately leave the country.

Once you're out of job then you're out of status as well unless you've filed H1B transfer or COS petition BEFORE last day of previous job. No grace period allowed. In this case, if you stay then you might get approval without I-94 & you will have to leave country & get H1B stamp and during H1B stamp they may ask about these out of status days & may create issue. So, Please contact good attorney immediately.

I was informed by few of the consultants that i find a job in the mean time and can stay here till end of May since my last working day with previous employer was in last week of april.

=> They misinformed you. Stay away from employers who don't know about H1b regulations or need to play with them. You were OoS from the very next day of lay off. Now you may get H1b approved, but as Sameer said, it may be without I94. It's also possible that it will have I94 attached if USICS ignores the OoS period.

Hi,

I have had H1 B Visa valid till dec 2013 with employer A and wokring in US, i got an offer from employer B recently and got the visa Transfered and had confirmed to join on May 2 week.

after my resignation acceptance with Employer A , i intimated employer B and they informed me that the position that was offered to me was cancelled and declined the offer later after 2 days.

Now i have passed the last working day with employer A and still located in US, looking for a job.

I have cleared an interview for one of the position and my consultant is saying that he ll apply for H1 visa tansfer on may 22 and i should be able to work.

Please let me know if i can stay here and look for a job or if i have to immediately leave the country.

Greed comes back. People explore H1 transfer option for MORE MONEY,but that comes back. H1b transfer option is for "layoffs, downsizing etc.." not for exploration for money.

Better & Best to stay with the ONE employer until you get GC.

"Greed comes back. People explore H1 transfer option for MORE MONEY,but that comes back. H1b transfer option is for "layoffs, downsizing etc.." not for exploration for money.

Better & Best to stay with the ONE employer until you get GC."

=> I wonder how you knew that OP changed the employer for ‘MORE MONEY’. It may be better company, better job-responsibility, relocation to close to family or possibility of lay off. Does staying with same company guarantee that you won't lose the job and the H1b till you get the GC? There is nothing like stay with the company till GC and your life will be easier. In every step risk is involved, some of which no one knows! With more than 300 posts you look like a helping, and matured person. Please don't mimic if you can help.

Archived