Require Advise - critical

forumsvisa

Hi

I have been working for company A for 7 yrs and travelled to US in the year 2011 with H1B visa , got a offer from company b recently (april 2012) , my visa was also transferred. I agreed to join company B in the month of may and resigned from company A, after my resignation i informed company B, they then told me that the position is closed which they had offered and asked me to go back to previous employer ( company A)

Since my resignation was already accepted i could not go back to previous employer and now i have passed the last working day (May 1st week) in US with my previous employer.

Please let me know if i can stay here in the US and apply for jobs through consultants and also how many days can i stay in the US without a job.

I have cleared a interview and my consultant says that he will file for the h1 transfer in last week of May 2012.

Please advise.

Thanks

Harish

There is no grace period on H1.

You would have to leave the country now. You are out of status. You may be able to change status to B2, but that is not guaranteed, since you are already out of status.

And getting an H1 through consultants is a bad strategy nowadays, anyway.

Archived