got a 221g white form on March 5th, no progress yet..need urgent help

Sreeruthran

Hi,

I went for my visa interview on March 5th to hyderabad consulate, interview was for 30 mins and the VO was very rude in the process and took my passport along with my documents and gave me a 221g white form which did not demand for any additional documents.

In my scenario, I have had a pre-trial Intervention previously in Dec 2008 and the case was dismissed the VO took the dismissal letter from me too.

After the interview, in exactly 1 week fraud department had contacted my client for details about my employment and within 2 weeks i.e. end of March my client has responded back to the same. My concern is :

1. What are the chances of me getting a rejection?

2. Can I request my passport back, as my spouse is on h1b and apply for a h4 visa as dependant?

Please advice, as it is getting very frustrating not knowing what should be done next. Looking forward for advices and suggestions.

Thanks!

"2. Can I request my passport back, as my spouse is on h1b and apply for a h4 visa as dependant?"

=> You have all the rights to ask your passport back. Only the government of your home country can hold your passport if they wish.

Ask them to get your passport back; they have to get it back to you.

Have patience, if you have done everything as per regulations, no need to worry, nothing is in your hand.

"but are their chances of my visa being rejected. how long I can wait as a min period before i request my passport back to apply as H4?"

=> They don't guarantee any timeline for 221g decision. As per my experience, it takes 2 weeks to 6-7 months. For applying H4 again call to visa outsourcing company. They can answer you better.

The case number they gave me on the white form is not a valid number when checked on the website. I have tried calling VFS and the also emailed them a couple of times but evrytime I recieve a automated message and on call they direct me to email them.

My passport is still with them and I have no clue how to check the status of my case.

-> Also for the pre-trail query: My attorney has applied for expungement and waiting for approvals from all departments.

Please suggest what could be my next best move?

Archived