H1B Amendment End Date after H1-B Approval?

rahul29

Had a quick question about H1-B Amendment end date. I filed for H1-B Extension with my previous client and got it until 2015. Now I changed my client and am filing for an amendment soon with the new client. The current client's project is until Oct 2012 and will be extend every 6 months. So, since the current contract says Oct 2012, my client manager says he will give the client letter stating Oct 2012 as my end date and that it will be extended based on business needs. I wanted to know if this amendment will affect my current H1-B extension's end date of 2015. Will my amendment approval have 2012 end date? Did something like this happen to anyone?

Any response will be appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I think this will affect the end date of your current H1-B extension. It seems like in the recent past, the USCIS has starting issuing amendments with the I-94 based on your project end date (and not the end date requested by your employer). One consequence of this is that you'd have to apply for your next H1B amendment before the current one expires (i.e., much earlier than you might be used to doing). 

I'm not entirely sure about this, so please verify with your attorney.

Had a quick question about H1-B Amendment end date. I filed for H1-B Extension with my previous client and got it until 2015. Now I changed my client and am filing for an amendment soon with the new client. The current client's project is until Oct 2012 and will be extend every 6 months. So, since the current contract says Oct 2012, my client manager says he will give the client letter stating Oct 2012 as my end date and that it will be extended based on business needs. I wanted to know if this amendment will affect my current H1-B extension's end date of 2015. Will my amendment approval have 2012 end date? Did something like this happen to anyone?

Any response will be appreciated.

Hi Rahul,

If you make the Amendment the end date changes to Oct 2012 as your project at new client/location is until oct 2012. (If you have project 3 years and longer it could change until 2016).

go through this forum you can see many other posts with their experiences.

Archived