H1B Status change from RFE Response Review to "Initial Review"

Hi,

My H1B application was filed on regular on January 20th.

On March 28th RFE Issued.

On May 7th Responded to RFE and filed for premium processing.

May 8th status was shown as RFE Response Review

And on May 9th the status has changed to "Initial Review" again.

I am starting to get worried. Does anyone have an idea what's the reason for this confusion. Is this normal? Has this ever happened to anyone before? I am plannig to go out of the country on 18th and was hoping to get a response before that.

Thanks

Lahiru

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have my h1b application filed on April 9, 2012 and the RFE received on 19th April, 2012. The response for RFE was sent on 14th June, 2012. On 20th June, 2012, when I checked the case status showing up as in initial review. Waiting with fingers crossed. My case is filed on premium processing.

• 1 year later...

My case was also similar. I got RFE for H1B amendment. Responded the RFE in one week. Got the below message: 

On July 22, 2013, the 15-day Premium Processing clock stopped on your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. A notice was sent on this date explaining the specific reason for stopping the premium processing of your case. This notice will contain detailed information on further action required by you. Your premium processing receipt notice contains contact information for direct inquiries on your case.

Then after 2 hours. It changed to approved status:

On July 22, 2013, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice,

So this is how their system works.

Archived