OPT TO H1B AWAITING USCIS RECIEPT

coolhunk11

Hello Friends,

My OPT will expire on May-24. My H1B was mailed via FeDex on May-4 but have not received the USCIS reciept yet.

I want to know that what if I do not recieve the reciept till my OPT expires? Will I be out of status? I need the reciept to apply for the OPT CAP-GAP EXTENSIONS.

Please advice.

Thank you

Hello Friends,

My OPT will expire on May-24. My H1B was mailed via FeDex on May-4 but have not received the USCIS reciept yet.

I want to know that what if I do not recieve the reciept till my OPT expires? Will I be out of status? I need the reciept to apply for the OPT CAP-GAP EXTENSIONS.

Please advice.

Thank you

Friends please provide your suggessions. Someone must have or is in the same situation and so please share your knowledge.

Thank you

In the case H1b receipt is not generated before your F1 expiry date, you can't get the cap gap benefit. After May 24th, you will be on 60 days grace period and have to leave the USA. H1b or other change of status cannot be done once you are on grace period.

Did your employer file in PP, in case of PP these days its taking 5- 8 business days to get email receipt. In regular case, it’s taking 2-3 weeks.

More questions/ doubts/ update? Let us know.

Archived