Urgent Advice needed

Ramesh_USA

Hello All,

I changed my employer and iam having my new I-797.Going to India for a 2 week vacation from may 22.Do i need to attend Visa stamping.my Visa (with Old employer name on it) valid till April 2013 and my I-94 shows Valid till sep 2013.

I sent mail to all 5 US consulates in india..3 Consulates replied that i need not require a new stamping and they clearly mentions that i can carry my old and new I797 while return on POE.

2 US consulates mentions that they reccoment to attend Visa stamping.

Very much confused.Please i see advice from attorney as well as experienced people.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Ramesh

While an I-797 H1B Approval Notice is tied to a particular employer, an H1B visa stamp is tied to the status. Thus, generally as long as an individual possesses a valid H1B visa in their passport it is not necessary to obtain a new H1B visa when traveling abroad simply because there has been change in H1B employment. In the aforementioned instance, it is advisable for an individual to carry with them the new I-797 Approval Notice, copy of the approved petition, and evidence of continuing employment pursuant to the approved petition when entering the U.S. after travel abroad.

Archived