Arrest record in India, port of entry issue?

sanchin

My brother has been going through a messy divorce and the ex's party at the behest of their lawyer have been on a path of intimidation towards our entire family.

When my brother visited India last week to finalize the divorce, they knew he was coming around that time and somehow got an arrest warrant and he was detained at the airport and arrested. However, the next day he was acquitted of any wrong doing and released and the divorce was finalized a day later.

My brother has been on H1B for almost 2 years now and recently changed his employer. Will the arrest have any impact at the port of entry into USA?

Thanks,

San

"Thanks for the reply wiweq ! If you don't mind me asking, do you know anyone who has had issues like this?"

=> I don't know anyone who had the same issue but as per my experience at POE they are more interested about your future visa status. Like about employer in case of H1b. One more thing, just 'arrest' is not a big deal anyway. The important thing is if someone is proved guilty. The same applies either its India or USA. Again, it’s my own experience/ knowledge. Attorneys/ experts/ experienced people may assist better.

• 6 months later...

My brother has been going through a messy divorce and the ex's party at the behest of their lawyer have been on a path of intimidation towards our entire family.

When my brother visited India last week to finalize the divorce, they knew he was coming around that time and somehow got an arrest warrant and he was detained at the airport and arrested. However, the next day he was acquitted of any wrong doing and released and the divorce was finalized a day later.

My brother has been on H1B for almost 2 years now and recently changed his employer. Will the arrest have any impact at the port of entry into USA?

Thanks,

San

Hi Can you please share contact detail, I am also in same boat and need your help?

Archived