H1b 6th year - 140 approved

mitr

I have been with company A since my graduation and am on my 6th yr of H1B ( 5 months - remaining) and am contracting at the client.

I have 140 approved. I have a job offer from the client and is willing to do a H1B transfer.

now, with my situation above how does it work out.

1. if i take the offer and the client applies for a transfer will i get the transfer approved for just 5 months remaining of h1b ?

2. or since i have an approved 140 with company A will i get the h1b for 3 yrs ( as in, an extention) ?

if 1. is true, should the client apply for labor asap in order to apply for extention at the end of 5 months ?

please share any information that might be helpful

thanking in advance

You will get the h1b approved for 3 years if the I140 is not revoked otherwise yes you would only get it for 5 months.

Yes your client needs to start asap but its not probably not going to work because you only have 5 months left in your 6yr term. H1b extensions beyond 6 years either need a PERM that was applied 365 days prior to the expiry of the h1b or approve I140.

In all cases if your previous employer does not revoke your I140,you are better off.

Archived