H1B - Issues Working remotely from India

joshig

Hi All,

I am in a very hopeless situation and will appreciate all the experts help. I came to India in OCT 2011 and was on H1 for a desi consultant company and was working in EVC model. I went for stamping and the case was sent back to USICS. Since my client don't want to loose me i started working remotely from mid of Dec 2011 and also informed my employer about the same and he agreed about it without any issues. i worked until mid March 2012 and meanwhile the prime vendor sponsored my H1b and it got approved from USICS and I am planning to go for stamping in couple of weeks.

The real issue is my old employer haven't paid me yet for the the time i worked remotely and has been absolutely ignoring me if i initiate any communication. i was trusting him all this time and now when I had been little hard on him and asked my Vendor to stop his march payment this is what he has came up with..

You will be payed as per US law. No company in USA can pay you; after 180 days of stay in abroad without proper paper work done.(And you have a VISA denied status)

***** works with very strong legal team and is always on sound legal ground.

Regarding your March payment, we are protected by US law. Our attorney can take care of that, along with his fees.

Now onwards, if you have any questions, you can contact our attorney who had been following this case from the day one, at your own expense.

You will be given one last settlement check as per law and will be provided to your India address.

I know he is playing around and his game plan was not to pay me.

I have started researching on it but not very sure about the laws regarding this situation like if I can complain to USICS or DOL about it. Its very frustrating when so much of your money is blocked and your financial resources are drained from such a long time. I will appreciate if anybody can direct me to any help on this or provide me some useful insight. It's awful when someone someone tries to betrayed you like this.

Thanks everybody in advance.

Archived