H1 Reaffirmed what is the next step, please guide?

manishqs

I went for stamping for H1 extension in India in OCT 2011, i got an 221(g) and case is sent back to USCIS for review, now when i check the case status in USCIS website, it shows case is reaffirmed.

can you please guide me what should be my next step.

1. should i go for stamping again, and if so can i change my Consulate location, previously i went to Hyderabad consulate can i go to Chennai consulate now.

2. one more concern is i am not working at the same client, so i don't have a client letter. can i still go for stamping with reaffirmed i797 without client letter, Please guide.

1) Yes

2) No, you may get into deeper trouble than before without an actual client contract, if they ask for client letter - if they don't ask for client letter and just issue you a visa, its your luck.

A safer option is to get another client - file for h1 amendment get new approval and then go for h1 stamping.

I went for stamping for H1 extension in India in OCT 2011, i got an 221(g) and case is sent back to USCIS for review, now when i check the case status in USCIS website, it shows case is reaffirmed.

can you please guide me what should be my next step.

1. should i go for stamping again, and if so can i change my Consulate location, previously i went to Hyderabad consulate can i go to Chennai consulate now.

2. one more concern is i am not working at the same client, so i don't have a client letter. can i still go for stamping with reaffirmed i797 without client letter, Please guide.

I am in EC model and got 221g yellow form in Feb 2012. I am having in same situaion but my status in USCIS website is "pedning deciosion" since 2 months. I would like to ask you that in how many months you got reaffirmed status. Please let me know.

Archived