Visa Stamping in Mumbai @ May 17

testvisauser

Going to post updates on this as I attend my visa stamping on May 17 at Mumbai Consulate. Irony is that the new consulate building project was managed by a good friend and colleague now. I am a direct employee (Engineering Manager) and going for 8th yr stamping based on I-140 with current company. Attended previous H1 stamping in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary (stuck for 1 month due to Administrative Processing).

PS: Missed I-485 filing by 17 days (PD May 18, 2010) so rolling the dice on H1 stamping now!

Going to post updates on this as I attend my visa stamping on May 17 at Mumbai Consulate. Irony is that the new consulate building project was managed by a good friend and colleague now. I am a direct employee (Engineering Manager) and going for 8th yr stamping based on I-140 with current company. Attended previous H1 stamping in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary (stuck for 1 month due to Administrative Processing).

PS: Missed I-485 filing by 17 days (PD May 18, 2010) so rolling the dice on H1 stamping now!

Let us know how it goes as I will be attending around end of May in Mumbai only.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my visa approved but they refused my wife's visa under 221(g) pending further documentation. Weird but the consular office told us that since she is highly qualified (PhD Elec Engg) and applying for H4, they need to scrutinize her more and asked for research details/publications etc. She has stamped H4 twice before this. I think the most hilarious aspect of this is that they asked me to provide an invitation letter for my wife to come and live with me and our 2 yr old daughter back in the US which I provided. We have been living there for 11 yrs now.

You will laugh if I tell you how my interview went. She asked me two questions: Do I work directly for the employer (I do), explain my role (I did). She then turned to my wife and started firing away at her. She looked at me and said you are good and then gave the 221g to my wife and told her not to ask any further questions of her rejection as she does not have time to address those and follow form instructions. The whole thing lasted less than 10 min. No documents asked of either of us. I am sure she has categorized my wife under TAL.

Archived