Going for visa H1B extension at Tijuana ... any tips ....

adi84sh

Next Tuesday i have a visa intv at Tijuana. Its a h1b extension.

Though i work for pretty big employer and i am a direct hire full time employee. The only thing killing me is i have got 221g before in Delhi (my first time stamping). At that time i got only 2yrs of visa (expired 6 month before petition). My case took month to clear.

What are the chances of getting 221g again. ?? My company is among fortune 200 .... it will be really bad getting stuck in TJ

BTW is anyone going to TJ around that time ?? My intv is on 15th

I did my VISA stamping at Tijuana a year back. It was smooth though. On the day, wake up early and stand in Q to get the bank receipts in the nearby bank. That is the only hurdle, rest will happen step by step as per process at the consulae.

As you mentioned it is for H1B extension, is it 6+ years extension? Or is it expiry of 1st 3 years and getting next 3 years extension?

Your earlier 221g should not interefere with this visa stamping. They will only look at the present scenario. As you mentioned you are full time employee at Fortune 200, i dont see any big problem arising due to your employment or H1B petition for that matter.

They may check for pay stubs, W2 or Original degree certificate.

I am waiting for my H1B extension to come through and i would need a VISA stamp too, i am too planning to go to Tijuana. Please update once you are done with the process.

Archived