Travel on Same H1-B stamp if your H1B was revoked by old employer

Hi,

I have H1-B valid from Oct 01, 2011 to Sep 30, 2014 from Employer A. I changed my employer in Nov 01, 2011 and have approval notice I-797 for H1-B for employer B.

My Old employer (employer A) asked USCIS to revoke my H1-B. I have valid stamp on my passport having name of Employer A. I am planing to visit my country for 3 weeks and would like to know if I have to reappear to US embassy to get new stamp with the name of Employer B on it?

Most of the post says "I don't have to reappear" but no one mentioned about revoking old H1-B.

Very confused. Please help.

My case was exactly same last year.

I successfully traveled with Old Employer H1B Stamp even though he revoked my H1B

So you are good you don't have to reappear to US Embassy

But please carry your new Employer's I-797 and at the port of entry show the officer your new H1B I-797 so that he enters new I-797 expiration date on I-94 of your passport

Gud luck

Thanks all for your advice.

It really relaxed me.

One more thing, If I want to bring my wife on H4, then she can appear for an interview and I can still send her copy of my old employers stamp (H1B visa stamp) and New I-797 from my new employer.

In this case also I do not need to reappear for my new employers H1-B stamping, right?

Please advice.

Thanks all for your advice.

It really relaxed me.

One more thing, If I want to bring my wife on H4, then she can appear for an interview and I can still send her copy of my old employers stamp (H1B visa stamp) and New I-797 from my new employer.

In this case also I do not need to reappear for my new employers H1-B stamping, right?

Please advice.

For H4 they issue based on I-797 not visa stamp so just give your wife your new I-797 it should be fine and yes you don't need to appear for stamping in this case too.

Archived