Canada Visitor Visa Detroit Same day Service

ankurg09

Hi Guys ,

I am planning to go to get the visa friday may 11th , This consulate used to give same day visa's but the website now says "Note - As of March 13th, the visa office will no longer offer same day service."

Has anyone got their Canada visitor visa from consulate in detroit after march 13th?

If yes, could you please let me know how much time it took for you to get the passport back.

Thanks a lot!!

Attention:

Effective May 7, 2012, the Canadian visa offices in Buffalo and Detroit will no longer offer same-day non-immigrant services. Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits, Work Permits, Temporary Resident Permits, and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must submit applications by mail only. No cash payments will be accepted. Please see the following links for application submission and fee payment instructions at the Canadian visa offices in the United States: Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Washington.

On Apr 27th i went to Detroit and got my visa on the same day.

They stopped same day service effective May 7th 2012. This was clearly stated by authorities at the consulate.

You can email the Detroit consulate and they generaly respond back in 2 days.

Attention:

Effective May 7, 2012, the Canadian visa offices in Buffalo and Detroit will no longer offer same-day non-immigrant services. Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits, Work Permits, Temporary Resident Permits, and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must submit applications by mail only. No cash payments will be accepted. Please see the following links for application submission and fee payment instructions at the Canadian visa offices in the United States: Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Washington.

Siri, Thanks so much for the info. I guess will have to go to NY to get the visa:(

Archived