H1B Processing still in Initial Review

sathishp

Hi

I filed my change of status from L1 to H1 back in May 2011. Its almost going to be 1 year since my application was filed. It's still in initial review. My employer called USCIS back in September 2011 and got a response email from USCIS stating that:

"A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below."

6 months already over from the date of response. Still there is no update from USCIS. It's really frustrating. Not sure what to do? I need to bring my family here. They are stuck in India. Shall I go ahead and file Premium? Any help / suggestion would be appreciated.

Archived