How long do I need to stay in Vancouver,Canada?

BOUNCEBACK

I know most of them who are planning to visit Canada for Visa stamping have this question.well there is no straight answer for this and I dont know which factors affect this.But just to help other I am posting my experience:

My interview was on wednesday,morning at 9AM in Vancouver. So I started from my home town(well US home town) on Monday evening and landed there in Canada same day late night. Reserved hotel for 5 days , starting Monday afternoon. on Tuesday took rest and on wednesday attended the interview and on thursday evening at 7PM got an email from Loomis that they picked up a postage for me from Consulate.but Loomis office website says they close at 6PM.So next day morning at 9AM I went to loomis office and picked up my passport.Then booked flight back on saturday(since I am working remotely from Canada dont want to waste my business day so chose sat over friday).

So the point is...You will get your passport in 2 days for sure...If your appointment is in the morning then you might even get the email next day itself. Usually emails from Loomis come only after 6PM in the evening.

Vancouver is easy..City is a bit costlier compared to toronto...city is also safer....You can find taxis everywhere and anytime.There is sky train which is easy and safer.

Hope this helps somebody and I dont think I wasted my time typing all this...Because in my case nobody told me how many days should I book the hotel etc...

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this information. Please can you share your interview experience at Vancouver. I am also planning to go to Vancouver in July.

• Are you on EVC or EC model?
  • Can you let me know which hotel you booked and what was the cost?Is the hotel near embassy?
  • which flight you took from US and how much it cost for round trip ?
  • Is stamping process smooth in Vancouver or Ottawa as compare to India?What would you suggest : Vancouver

Thank you

Venus23

Hi,

Thank you for sharing this information. Please can you share your interview experience at Vancouver. I am also planning to go to Vancouver in July.

• Are you on EVC or EC model?
  • Can you let me know which hotel you booked and what was the cost?Is the hotel near embassy?
  • which flight you took from US and how much it cost for round trip ?
  • Is stamping process smooth in Vancouver or Ottawa as compare to India?What would you suggest : Vancouver

Thank you

Venus23

1) EC

2) The hotel I booked is 1.5 miles from the consulate.It is best western plus on Granville.

3) Alaska Airlines.This is really good. 4.5/5 scale.

4) Yes I do recommend Vancouver. I cannot compare that with Ottawa. I would recommend Vancouver over India.

Archived