EAC number for H1 appointment

kumar523

Hello Everyone,

My employer will apply for my H1 amendment in prepium processing.

Once it is approved I'm planning to attend visa interview for H1 stamping at US consulate in Canada.

I'm planning to book the visa appointment prior to my H1 amendment approval as I have travel plans shortly after the amendment approval.

My Questions:

1) Can I book the visa appointment with the EAC number of already approved H1 (before Amendment) and create a new DS160 with new EAC number after amendment approved and update in the system for interview? So that I don't have to wait for next available visa date which may be after my travel date.

2) Once I receive the EAC number after filing the H1 amendment, can I book the visa appointment with this new EAC number while the case will in process.

Suggestions Please!!!!

Thanks,

Kumar

1) On the CSC website - on the user profile page I know for sure you can always update the new DS160 info. I am not sure if it lets you edit the EAC number, just check if it let's you enter an updated EAC then the answer to your question is 'yes'

2) Your second question is a bit unclear, well yes you can always book a visa slot with your new approved EAC, but you also mention "while the case will in process", how can the case be in process when you haven't attended the interview yet?

2) Your second question is a bit unclear, well yes you can always book a visa slot with your new approved EAC, but you also mention "while the case will in process", how can the case be in process when you haven't attended the interview yet?

hmaster, thanks for your response!!!

I mean when I get the receipt number(which is EAC) for the h1 amendment can I use that receipt number(EAC number) for booking visa appointment while the H1 amendment is in process for decision.

Kumar

For booking your interview - it asks you for two things from i797 (1) (receipt) notice date (one you already have) and (2) I guess, it's approval date?

So one way out is, something that I did myself - as soon as your USCIS status changes to "on 'so-and-so' date we have mailed out a notice indicating that we have approved this petition" so as soon as you have this change on the USCIS website you can use this date (so-and-so date) and book, but before this step - just based on your receipt notice you may not be able to book your visa date.

Archived