Advise on green card time

Hi,

I have completed 2 years 3 months on H1B. I do not like my current job and want to switch jobs as soon as possible. I have not yet started the green card process. I want some advice on when looking for a new job what conditions should I look for from a green card perspective. I know new employers will not start the green card processing immediately. I want to know whats the latest that I can start the processing. Like if the new employer says that they will start the process after 2 years is it fine. Thanks for the replies.

please consult a lawyer.

there is no guarantee that employer will petition your GC, they are not obligated to do it but choose to do it if you are important to the company.

it is best to ask during your interview if they petition employees for GC, some employer does not know (or does not have any idea) anything about GC process, while some employer does not petition GC at all. interview is usually for both employers and employees benefit, employer can see if you fit their needs, and employee can see if it fits one's goal or career objectives.

Hi,

I have completed 2 years 3 months on H1B. I do not like my current job and want to switch jobs as soon as possible. I have not yet started the green card process. I want some advice on when looking for a new job what conditions should I look for from a green card perspective. I know new employers will not start the green card processing immediately. I want to know whats the latest that I can start the processing. Like if the new employer says that they will start the process after 2 years is it fine. Thanks for the replies.

Archived