Successfull interview at OTTAWA(EVC without client lettter) and 6 others Approved

wonderlife

It was been awesome experience through out the trip, with not just interview, all co-interviewers and their interview and moral support.

We were 9 people attended on the day and only 1 got 221G. 5 to American 4 to Chinese.

With my experience and other 7 interviewers, i observed is they are generally concentrating on you as how

1. Driven in your career

2. value to your client

3. Liable to your employer

4. Outstanding H1B worker to united states.

This observation may be only pertinant to Ottawa or my perception from my and other 8 interviews.

There were two counters. One has Chinese and other has American. Although i heard Chinese was been popular in giving 221G, and given a 221G in my co-interviewers,

he was just a little more challenging than other interviewers in evaluating above. When you stick to yourselves and foccused on above 4 he is giving stamping without

any hesitation.

My interview:

The guy before interview took passport, 797, employer letter, vendor letter and asked for client letter.

Since i did not have client letter, i tried to give the email from my manager saying they wont have a policy to give and my picture and my company profile. He said you should show that in the interview.

Interview was at 07:30 AM. VO pretty much went through all my DS 160 information, thought for while and then called me.

Me: Good Morning

VO: Good Morning, how are you.

Me: very fine.. Been long i woke up so early. how are you?

VO: Looking at my employer letter, how long you have been working for XXX

Me: 4 1/2 years

VO: Looking at Vendor letter. So YYY(VENDOR) placed you at the client

Me: correct.

VO: Who is the client

ME: ZZZ

VO: Looking at my vendor letter. Seeing my jobs and responsibilities. I have seen such Duties and responsibilities many times and they are obvious for me and asked me something i have'nt heard properly.

ME: Pardon me.

VO: Explain me simple english what do you do to the client.

ME: Smile and I discuss the requirements with business analysts and rotational personall, to understand and possibly extend the requirements to meet more needs of the client. Make design to present to Business, management and architecture

to meeet needs, timlines and client's infrastructural needs, discuss with my employer to take possible direction and suggestions. Work with analysts and testers for best test and corner cases and present the application to business.

VO: How long are you working with this client?

ME: 1 year.

VO: So 4 1/2 years with employer and 1 year with Client.

ME: yes.

VO: where were you before this client.

ME: kkk

VO: Was there any gap

ME: Nope

VO: Where were you before this employer.

ME: Was doing my master in ppp university and working as Graduate Student assistant at University.

VO: Looking at my employer and vendor letters and thinking for few seconds..

ME: in Computer science(as continuation with earlier response).

VO: I am approving your VISA, giving a instruction slip, you should check this website for updates on when you can pick your passport.

Me: Glad. Thank You so much. You have a great day.

I picked my passport yesterday and all others who got approved also received passports with VISA's without any issues.

I am not writing this to say everyone's would be the same as this. Nor Can any of my responses would help anyone get their VISA.

Confidence, presentation, documentation(even client letter) and above 4 are real helpful factors.

Also my stay at OTTAWA for a week was gone very comfortable which also has let me stay a day more than the day i got my passport by staying at Bare Foot Hostel.

This Hostel is very economical 35$/day, comfortable to even women. Very neat, peacefull, secured and convenient. Very nice and supportive staff. http://www.barefoothostel.com/

Thanks Murthy forum, for giving very supportive co-interviewers, co-rommates, co-passengers and best hostel to Ottawa.

Guys and Gals, I am sure there happens more success stories then what we see here in murthyforum. You should post them. Can boost up someone's morale.

Archived