COS (Change of Status) from L1B - H1B

kkk605

Hi ,

Recently, my status has changed from L1B ( employer A ) to H1B ( employer B ).

Is it possible I can give notice period of 3 to 4 months to Empoyer A before working for Employer B or else I have to work for Employer B immediate effect.

Through employer A, I’m on L1B visa and its expiring on 7-Sept-2012. Also my I-94 is expiring on 17-Sept-2012. I found an employer B who is ready to sponsor and file new H1B for me and herewith I am assuming that I will get H1B approved for me on or before Oct 1st …but not clear how it will work out smoothly so my questions are:

1)Can employer B file H1b with COS for me? If yes how will it work out as I will not have valid I-94 to stay in US till Oct 1st. Also I do not want to go out from USA for h1b stamping or new I-94 etc…

2) Employer A will be submitting request for my L1B extension and I’m happy as this gives time to stay at least till Oct 1st. Hence what is best here with my case –

a) Good time when employer A should submit a request for my L visa extension?

b) Shall I wait till I get L1B approval before submitting an amendment for COS to H1b? or

c) Shall apply for COS to H1b on Oct 1st instead of waiting for L1B extension [provided I have approved H1B for me].

d) How best or wisely the ‘last action of rules’ could be used in my scenario?

e) Also since my spouse has valid H1B status with valid I-94, how best or wisely this could be used in worse situation [..go to H4 etc] to get myself smoothly transferred into the H1B from L1B?

Pls advice.

Archived