H1b - Change of location

vavenugo

I am a first time applicant for H1B Visa and I have my petition approved. I have my petition approved for location X, but since the opening there is no longer available, my employer is planning to employ me at location Y with same roles and responsibilities and job duties / title. In this scenario, is it enough to get a new LCA and proceed for Visa stamping or is an amendment of petition required?

Kindly advise.

Don't worry about LCA and H1b. Your H1b employer should be aware of LCA update and H1b processing. If they are not, recommend them to hire an attorney or leave the H1b ignorant employer. H1b ignorant employer can endanger your status anytime.

BTW, whenever if any changes in job location or duties happen it should be updated in LCA.

"Amendment is required if going for visa stamping."

=> If LCA changes happen, it should be updated anyways. Doesn't matter OP is going to stamping or not.

These days USCIS is randomly checking with H1b people and scrutinizing if their duties and salary is same as per LCA. They also ask for bank statement to check if employee is getting salary in every pay cycle. Corporate emails prove the employee's day to day duties.

"Amendment is required if going for visa stamping."

=> If LCA changes happen, it should be updated anyways. Doesn't matter OP is going to stamping or not.

These days USCIS is randomly checking with H1b people and scrutinizing if their duties and salary is same as per LCA. They also ask for bank statement to check if employee is getting salary in every pay cycle. Corporate emails prove the employee's day to day duties.

Agreed, amendment is needed but. My response was based on the OPs status needing to go to stamping.

Archived