Question on H1B transfer

why-this-H1b

My current employer A holds my H1B and it's now three years, so H1B is expiring in July 2012. My current employer has started doing the paper work for my extension, however they haven't filed it yet. Meanwhile I got an offer from Company B and they are willing to do my H1B transfer only if company A hasn't filed for extension. They seem to think, it will cause problems if two H1 B's are filed at the same time.

Now I would like to delay company A filing for my extension, so that company B can get through my H1 transfer. can you guys give me some ideas to postpone/delay my H1b extension through company A.

Seems like your prospective employer has less knowledge about H1b regulations. Would you like to join such an employer who can endanger your H1b status someday?

Regarding your case, H1b is paid by your employer, let them do their work.

@SameerH1BWorker, company B will guess based on the dates on I-797; definitely they won't know for sure. But if your prospective employer asks a question you do not lie and discuss things as you know it.

All said, if it expires in July there should not be any legal trouble filing a H1B through company B ("transfer").

"But if your prospective employer asks a question you do not lie and discuss things as you know it."

=> It’s not always important to tell truth, important is how much they want to know, and do they really want, also, are you legally bounded to answer them? Of course, you can choose to not to tell them about other 'n' employers interested to hire you or file H1b for you.

Archived