H1B to L1 visa

sajeev77

A person can generally remain in L1 status for no more than 5 years (or 7 years if they are in L1A status.) Time spent in H1B status counts against the L1 time, and unlike the H1B, a foreign national in L1 status cannot extend beyond the 5/7 year time limit based upon a pending green card application.

A person can generally remain in L1 status for no more than 5 years (or 7 years if they are in L1A status.) Time spent in H1B status counts against the L1 time, and unlike the H1B, a foreign national in L1 status cannot extend beyond the 5/7 year time limit based upon a pending green card application.

I am sorry, Im still not clear about the L1 visa. Do I need to be employed in India for atleast one year to apply for L1Visa?

Hello All,

I need your help and advice, my wife is currently in India, working for a IT major, there are some chances of she getting a 6-9 month project on shore here in US, wanted to know which would be more preferred:

option 1:on L1 here, then try for H1b later on, after few months or if nothing works change to H4

option 2:directly come here on H4 then look for more options change to H1b if all works

Given the current scenario, which option would be better in terms of visa stamping to make it more a simple process given the paper work and current trends in visa stamping issues

I would appreciate your reply on this and thanks again

Archived