H1 to h4 Chennai stamping****

vbs_1000

Both me and my wife are on H1b maintaining valid status with good companies, my wife completed a project and planned to visit India for a vacation , but the employer(a reputed american direct consultancy) is not willing to find her a new project if she leaves U.S, my wife wanted to visit India desparately , so she decided to quit employer and that she will go to India for a longer vacation and appear for h4 visa in a few days after landing in India and plans to return to U.S on h4.

1)The question I have is , she is on h1 ( no h1 stamp on pp, she has old h4 stamp which she got when she first entered U.S), can she simply appear for interview to Chennai for h4 visa, do we need to do anything more like apply for h4 here first from U.S before she leaves. Are there any rejection reasons just because she was on h1 and now is appearing for h4 stamp,

2) She is leaving U.S on the Sunday of the same week her project is getting completed (Thursday), does this violate her status in U.S in anyway, she has h1 I-94 date till next year.

I am also going to India for work and vacation and need to appear for stamp, but wont be in India at the time of her interview and will appear for interview later.

Please advise.

First, if she has unexpired H4 visa on her passport. She doesn't need to go for stamping again. She can use the same visa at POE with current supporting- H1b I797.

In case if it's expired and goes for stamping, there is no reason of any problem because she was on H1b in previous stay. Second question: no problem.

Archived