I-797 to use at POE

kiran.sauz

I have below queries can you please help?

I have 2 valid H1B petitions. One with Company A and another with Company B. I have my passport stamped[Valid till November, 2014] with H1B visa with petitioner as Company A.

[1] Do I need to go for another visa stamping as I did H1B transfer with Company B?

[2] At POE can I use I-797 from Company A[Though I will be working for company B after I enter] as my passport is also having visa stamping with Company A? The reason I ask this is Company A is a fortune 500 company and Company B is a consultancy. So could you please comment if I can do this and if there would be any issues?

P.S: I have valid offers with both Company A and Company B and due to some logistics issues I will be working for company B for 6 months and then join company A after I enter US.

[1] Do I need to go for another visa stamping as I did H1B transfer with Company B?

- No stamping required.

[2] At POE can I use I-797 from Company A[Though I will be working for company B after I enter] as my passport is also having visa stamping with Company A? The reason I ask this is Company A is a fortune 500 company and Company B is a consultancy. So could you please comment if I can do this and if there would be any issues

- At POE you need to present I-797 of company B if you want to work with company B & told immigration officer that I transfer my Visa to company B & this is its I-797 & also present company A's I-797 & told him/her that this is my old company's I-797.

Now, if you want to work for company A then just present I-797 of company A thats it.

Thanks Sameer. A followup question.

This is my first visit to US. I have valid offer letters and I-797 from both Company A and Company B. Can I show either of them at POE and enter US and later join Company A or Company B? Also if I show I-797 of Company A at POE and join Company B after I enter into US will there be any issues?

Archived