H1-B & H4. AR11. Different Address.

spangroup

Hello Gurus,

I (on H1B) and am relocating to Washington DC because of my job situation but my wife (on H4) is planning to stay back in CA because of her school.

I am currently trying to fill AR11 form to update our addresses.

My question is can me and my wife submit AR11 with different addresses? Will I run into any complications with my H1B/Green Card because of this as she is my dependent and we are living in different states?

Please clarify.

Thanks

You can submit separate AR-11, one for you and one for your wife (if she moves to a different address). One important note, however, is using from AR-11 does NOT change your address in any other applications that you have submited to USCIS. For example, if you have a pending H1B case or GC case with USCIS, you must let them know your new address either by calling them or there is another form (I-8something), but it is not AR-11.

Thank you for the information. I am sorry but now I am confused.

H1-B Case -

I already got my H1-B and my wifes H4 approval. So, if I submit AR11, would that be enough?

Green Card -

My new employer just filed my Green Card and am waiting from my labor approval. Do I need to still submit I-8 (or) wait for the approval and then update?

Please advise.

Thanks

Archived