Changing jobs when H1B application is in process

kanna.rajd

Hello!

I was a student from an XYZ university here in US and I am currently employed with a firm A and they have filed my H1B recently through normal processing. I have prospects of getting hired at a new job with firm B. Since my case status is still in the intial review stage, how do I deal with the situation?

If I get the new job should I ask the current firm A to withdraw their petition?

Can there be two petitions filed and the new firm B file H1B under premium processing to expedite the service?

Please help me with all possible solutions or suggestions.

Thanks

Raj

If I get the new job should I ask the current firm A to withdraw their petition?

=> You don’t need to ask them to withdraw. It’s their property, they have paid for this.

Can there be two petitions filed and the new firm B file H1B under premium processing to expedite the service?

=> More than one H1bs can be filed for single beneficiary at same time. No problem. All H1b processings are totally independent events from each other. Just write them an email stating that you are not going to join them. Keep that email for future use.

Archived