New H1B

svikram12

Hi All,

I appeared for H1B interview in Dec 2011 and it was rejected. Petition was sent back to USCIS and it is still under process.

In the mean time another company approached me filed new H1, which is approved and now I will be going for H1 interview at Mumbai.

my first H1 was under EVVC model and now I am FT employee with a new company.

My questions is will my previous rejection effect my new H1 interview.

Thanks

Each petition is a separate case. They can ask on your previous rejection or whom did you work with; but I don't think the VO would judge the present one based on something which resulted in rejection. Earlier, i had read in someone' post that the VO asked to withdraw the petition in earlier case; which i dont think anyone should do.

since its direct employment this time, be sure to carry everything for the company -including docs that would cover for what work you would be doing, any project papers, whom you should be reporting etc in general.

good luck.

The answer to your question is 'No', unless they have specifically sent it back to the usces stating that you have provided 'inaccurate info' or something. I mean sometimes they just don't find the employer to provide genuine employment, and its really nothing to do with the applicant.

But still even if rejection was for reasons other than anything to do with you, you will be asked questions on your past stamping experience - just answer honestly/confidently and you can explain them that you have moved on ever since.

Archived