Pregnancy on H1

newuser0424

Hi,

I'm 6 months pregnant and I'm working as a consultant in CA. What's the maximum maternity leave I can take during H1 due to medical conditions such as pregnancy? I want to look after my babe for the first 6 months or so. Can I use FMLA for 9 months or so? What are the documents that I need to present requesting for the leave from my employer?

Can I do H1 transfers or H4 COS during the FMLA leave? How does USCIS handle such situation?

Thanks for your input,

Hi, I had a baby recently..I was on H1 B during pregnancy..

According to the California State Disability Leave, I took 4 weeks leave prior to the Due date and 6 weeks leave after normal delivery. After that, I tool about 6 weeks Paid Family Leave. (4+6+6 weeks)

Since my company is a small size company, we may have different policies..Talk to your employer about their maternity policy.

Regarding the COS, you could do it, as long as you can provide USCIS with the letter stating that you are on approved maternity leave..that way you dont need to provide pay stubs to prove that you are not out of status.

Hi, I had a baby recently..I was on H1 B during pregnancy..

According to the California State Disability Leave, I took 4 weeks leave prior to the Due date and 6 weeks leave after normal delivery. After that, I tool about 6 weeks Paid Family Leave. (4+6+6 weeks)

Since my company is a small size company, we may have different policies..Talk to your employer about their maternity policy.

Regarding the COS, you could do it, as long as you can provide USCIS with the letter stating that you are on approved maternity leave..that way you dont need to provide pay stubs to prove that you are not out of status.

Thank you very much for your reply!!!

Did you apply for CA disability insurance when you were on leave?

Archived