stamping in sydney

L12H1

This might be too early to ask, but I just want to run this by you all.

My employer, who is one of the world's largest equipment manufacturing company has applied for my H1. It is a direct employment in the capacity of an IT manager

I used to be on L1A visa with my last employer (one of the Big4 consulting firms) and spent 7 yrs in the US on L1A .

Now I am in Australia, finishing my masters and plan to come to the US in Oct. if H1 gets approved.

Oh , one more thing. I am going to start working in Australia with the same employer until October and would be occasionally traveling to the US on B1/B2 prior to H1 stamping.

Anything I should be careful /worry about? I have 4 successful L1A stamping and 1 B1/B2 stamp on my passport and a very clean immigration history.

Thanks

Hmm, after the recent allegations against a big Indian consulting company about B1 abuse, there may be additional scrutiny when entering on B1. Of course, there are legitimiate reasons to enter on B1, e.g., for training, meetings, etc. You may want to get additional documentation from your employer about the nature of the B1 travel.

Hmm, after the recent allegations against a big Indian consulting company about B1 abuse, there may be additional scrutiny when entering on B1. Of course, there are legitimiate reasons to enter on B1, e.g., for training, meetings, etc. You may want to get additional documentation from your employer about the nature of the B1 travel.

I am not employed by a consulting company now. I am now employed by one of the world's largest equipment manufacturing company. In regards to my B1 travel, it is a 5 day visitation with detailed agenda and my peers from other parts of the world are also joining me for the meetings.

Nothing rings wrong to me. You reckon?

thanks.. I am also curious to know if I should anticipate any problem during H1 visa interview. This is a direct employment with a very well known manufacturing firm, so I think it would be silly for them to be asking questions like client letter, project details etc.

thoughts?

• 3 months later...

I had a successful stamping in Sydney consulate. It was a pretty straightforward affair with very few questions asked. I think primarily because I have a fairly solid immigration record and my H1 was for full time direct employment by an MNC employer who has very few H1 workers.

Questions were:

1. Have you worked in the US in the past?

2. What is your highest level of education?

3. What does your company do?

4. What is your current visa status in Australia and what company do you work for?

5. Have you had any arrests?

6. Do you have any immediate family members in the US?

7. When are you planning to travel?

8. Are you married? any kids?

thats it. no documents requested.

Thanks all

Archived