H1 Amendment -- How about H4?

kumar523

Hello Everyone!!!

Below is my case explained in detailed, I think. Please provide me your experiences or knowledge based on the questions I have.

Thanks in Advance!

When I was with Ex Employer my H1(F1 to H1) got approved for 1 yr. During that 1 yr time my spouse visited India and got her visa stamped. I never got my H1 visa stamped as I never traveled out of US after completing my Masters in US.

At the end of that 1 yr I've changed to new employer. Now my H1 visa and my spouse's H4 got approved till Aug 2013.

My wife has an expired H1 stamp in her passport currently, but valid H4 status till Aug 2013.

In Jan 2012 I've moved to a new client whose location is in different than that of old client.

My current employer filed new LCA and got it certified.

Now my employer wants to amend my H1.

My Questions:

1) LCA certified in Jan 2012 and H1 Amendment now has any problem due to gap between LCA and Amendment?

2) H4 should also be file along with H1 Amendment?

3) Are there any problems I can see, if I go for stamping(first time on H1) in Canada after Amendment(regarding gap btw LCA and Amendment)?

4) My spouse should get the H4 visa stamped as it was already expired. In this case, my spouse should carry the H4 document which has the validy till Aug 2013 or the new one if filed together with H1 amendment?

Thanks,

Kumar

Archived