Chance to get H-1B stamping after long wait on 221g at Mumbai

R1212

Hi All,

I am waiting for the final decision from the Mumbai consulate on my pending H1b 221g issue.

I was given 221g in Last week of Dec 2010. Then i submitted requested paperwork in March and April 2011. They again call me for Interview in August 2011. And asked me for the few more new documents. Which my company's attorney had submitted on Sept. 2011. We haven't heard anything for last 7months.

And today I got email from consulate to submit 2 more documents again via VFS.. which i had submitted in Sept, 2011.

If i submit requested paperwork along with my Passport via VFS, How much chance to get H-1B stamping done at this time?

Does anyone gets cleared 221g in last few days, and done H1-b stamping successfully at Mumbai?

-Thanks. R1212.

It surely has been unusually long wait, normally such a wait is seen if your case is sent back to the USCIS for review. I would say just keep sending then emails as reminders that you are waiting for an update. Hopefully you should get it this time as they have asked for your passport.

Thank You hmaster,

Actually I was doing regular inquiry at VFS and my Attorney was doing at consulate by emails. but everytime we were getting reply "You case is Pending ... "

But this time after long wait, consulate asked me for 2 more docs. I hope It works out this time....

Thanks...

R1212

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks,

Actually, VFS did not take my Passport this time, they just took documents.

and said wait for the consulate reply on your case...

I dont know How much time they will take, I am waiting since year and half for the approval.

Consulate did not send my case to USCIS for the review... they just reviwing my documents and ask me for the new...?

Does any one have same case like me.... Plz reply....

Thanks in advance.

Archived