I-94 at airport

abcdns1

I am going to India from us. Currently i am on h1b visa. when i came here i had f1 visa. I am going for first time stamping in India. I had f1 and then got h1b and then i did h1b transfer. now i have new h1b which is valid. So do i have to give i-94 which is attached in my passport and i-94 at bottom of i-797 approval of new transfer h1b visa. i don't have to give my old company h1b I-797 i-94? Correct?

Please reply

Thanks

I am going to India from us. Currently i am on h1b visa. when i came here i had f1 visa. I am going for first time stamping in India. I had f1 and then got h1b and then i did h1b transfer. now i have new h1b which is valid. So do i have to give i-94 which is attached in my passport and i-94 at bottom of i-797 approval of new transfer h1b visa. i don't have to give my old company h1b I-797 i-94? Correct?

Please reply

Thanks

From what I understand (IANAL), the number on i-94 attached to your passport should have the same number as the I-94 attached to the bottom of the i-797. So, it really does not matter which one you surrender the airport. Both have the same number anyway and hence USCIS will register that you left the country. Check if the numbers are the same.

When you return, a new i-94 will be issued based on your new visa validity dates (unlike F-1, where the CBP officer stamps D/S (duration of study), this time he will stamp the end date on your I-797 or passport expiry date if it is earlier than the end date).

Hello all,

I have a question here, I went to Canada for my H1 stamping and when departing from US, my i94 was taken while boarding the flight and I was given a new multiple entry i94 in Canada when heading back to US.

So my i94 on the i797 is different from the i94 attached to the passport, Is there any issue with this?

Thanks in advance!

Archived