H1B amendment

jaijc263

I am in the last 2 months (ends July 1st) of my current project A and my H1B expires in Aug 1st 2012. I am having all the necessary documentation to file H1B extension including end client letter from the current project A.

Question:

Is it ok for me to go ahead and file H1b extension from current project A ?

If I am move to project B in July

1) do I need to file H1 amendment or new LCA should be ok ?

2) Can H1 amendment alters the duration of the approved H1b extensions

Employment type: EVC

I appreciate all the experts advices

I think your case looks similar to me.

I was working for a client A. My company filed H1B extension(7th year) in Feb(Premium Processing). Received RFE. Answered RFE by the end of March. My I 94 expired in mid of March and My project got ended on March 30th. Now working for a new client B. USCIS sent an RFE again on first answered RFE. Now I can't answer this RFE as I am not working with client A.

Now employer saying that, while the RFE is in pending he wants to file a new H1 extension(now there are no layers between my company and client B). Is it ok to with this step? or Do we need to respond to the RFE by amending the application saying that I am working for a different client now?

Please advise me if you have seen such cases.

thanks,

Kalyan

I can understand your situation Kalyan !

Experts please share your opinions on this.

JoeF I understand my employer needs to take care of all these but very few employer pay attention to the individuals situation. in my case, my employer is dumb !. That is the reason I am seeking experts opinions

JoeF I understand my employer needs to take care of all these but very few employer pay attention to the individuals situation. in my case, my employer is dumb !. That is the reason I am seeking experts opinions

Well, if the employer doesn't know about these things, then they need to consult with an immigration lawyer.

The employer signs the paperwork, so the employer should know what he signs...

Well, if the employer doesn't know about these things, then they need to consult with an immigration lawyer.

The employer signs the paperwork, so the employer should know what he signs...

Thank you very much for your input JoeF. You are right. I will ask my employer to take an attorney's opinion

Archived