Need info on - re-entry permit fee waiver, apply after ROC

Hi

I am in process of removing conditions on my green card. But I do see my marriage not going smooth. I am totally broken and need some time to relax and re-think about life options. I want to go to my home country and even plan to do like 1+ year course there. In the tense environment here I haven't been able to do anything. I just want to be here till I receive my 10 year GC and then want to go home for a while. I really don't care if things get better while I am there or my husband even decides upto the limit of divorce

1. Can I apply for re-entry permit right after getting conditions removed from my GC as I want to go home bt don't want to loose US GC ?. Won't authorities here see it as a doubt, if my marriage actually ends while I am out of country ?

2. What probable reasons I can provide to demand fee waiver while applying re-entry permit. And before applying, how will I come to know if they will approve my request or not (how it works ?). I don't earn and my husband is not keen on spending much on my stuff

3. My doing studies in my country will actually depend on my face to face interview with the college authorities there. What if I apply for re-entry giving " Studies" reason and later I am not abe to secure a slot in that course. I know I can still stay more than 6 months but won't US authorities again doubt it ( may be while applying citizenship)

4. Also I have heared if you take re-entry permit, then your stay before is not counted as part of citizenship stay requirement. I am not clear on this one. Also is there a expedite processing of re-entry permit. Worst case can I apply, don't wait for biometrics and leave US

A lot of thanks

Archived