Prevailing wage

ap5

I am currently working on OPT as a professor at a community college. They are willing to sponsor my H-1B but my salary is lower than the prevailing wage. I am paid a base salary for the academic year (August to June). For the overload (extra classes) that I teach during a regular semester and for the summer classes, I get paid extra. If these two are combined with my base salary, then I meet the prevailing wage. Can I count the overload pay towards my annual salary when I fill out the Labor Condition Application? Please help me. Also, if there is any official link or document which clarifies my question, please let me know so that I can share it with my HR. Thanks!

Generally, only wages and bonuses that are guaranteed may be counted towards the base salary for purposes of calcualting the prevailing wage. Please contact a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific issues relating to your case and to determine whether the overload pay may be included as part of your base salary.

Archived