H1B to GC doubt

laks579

Hi,

Since 2007 i'm staying in US and initially i was on L1 and in 2008 oct i got H1b.

from 2008 oct till 2013 oct i have my H1b which is 5 years .

past 5 years i am continuously staying in US i.e from 2007 and by oct 2013 i will complete 6 years of my stay.

1) My doubt is can i extend h1b for 1 more year after 2013 october which will become 6 years on H1b?

2)my employer will file GC in July 2012 i.e labor work will start, so is there enough time to get an approved PERM labor certification before 365days if he starts the process in the month of july 2012 (my h1b is till 2013 october).

please let me know your comments and thanks in advance.

Generally, it takes approximately three to four months from the start of the PERM process to the time the PERM application can be filed. Therefore it is possible your PERM application could be filed prior to 365 days before the end of your H1B period, but it is very close- with no room for error/delay. Due to the complexity of the issues involved, it is advisable to speak directly with a qualified U.S. immigration attorney to discuss this in more detail. The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Green Card Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

1) Another doubt is I went to india in sep 2008 on L1 , worked for 1 week and then resigned.Came to US back on H1B in oct 2008. can i extend h1b for 1 more year after 2013 october which will become 6 years on H1b?

2007 - 2008 on L1 for 1 year

went back to india for 1 week and resigned

came back to US on H1 in oct 2008

Please let me knw ur comments and thanks in advance

Archived