221G white slip @Ottawa April 16th.

maze363

Hello

Had my visa interview today and received a 221 G white slip for "further review".

I am in EVC model, have all letters, client, vendor.

They took all my docs (797, I-129, LCA, Client letter, Vendor letter, employer letter, 2 pay stubs) and returned my passport along with 221G white slip

He just asked below questions

1.) What is your role

2.) Since when were you working for this company

3.) How long working at client

4.) Explain your role

Thanks

Your Client will get a email today or tomorrow from Consulate. It is just to know employee-empolyer relationship.

Ask your client manager to let you know and forward those questions to you so that you can give those answers and your client manager can forward those answers to consulate. Client manager response is very important.

Don't let it get screwed.

Hello Maze363,

you situation is excatly as mine including date of interview, questions he asked and documents he took. Also my client revcieved an email and responded back on Tue 17th itself. I am still waiting for their approval. I dotn know what is taking this long for them. Please let me know if you hear any thing from the counslate.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Finally for my VISA was approved and I am back in US now. Below are the details

Interview: April 16th @7:45 AM, received 221G white for "further review"

April17th, my client manager received employer-employee relation questions which were answered on same day

May 8th, received email from Ottawaf@state.gov to return to the embassy on Friday between 2-3 for further processing. (the email did not say if visa was approved or not)

May 11th, returned to the Consulate, they returned my I797, 129, LCA and pays stubs (retained client letter, vendor letter and employer letter) and took my passport.

May 14th, received email from Loomis that passport was picked from consulate, I picked my passport around 5:00 PM same day and returned back to US.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, is the email the only way consulate communicate with the client. My client is a US based client and I'm currently in Ottawa. I gave a print out of a softcopy of the client letter which has the manager name, his designation and his contact number. It did not have his email. Does consulate care to call the employer or would expect to have an email available in the client letter. I could get the email of the manager who gave me the client letter from their website. Can I communicate this to consulate, just in case they are struggling to get hold of his email.

By the way, I got 221G white slip couple of days back and I know few other guys who are on same boat, but some of them has emailid in their client letters.

They took my passport and I-797 , client and employer letters and gave me the white slip. I have not heard back anything from consulate, and neither my employer or client. Though, it is just a couple of days, I'm getting a little panic now, when I'm not see any mobilization from consulate. What is your advise here for me ?

Thanks

Ravi,

I heard some clients for phone calls from the Ottawa consulate. Another guy did not have a client letter, but the consulate contacted the HR department with the details on the Vendor-Client contract and sent email. So the consulate will contact your client one way or other.

The verification will take anywhere between 2-4 weeks, only advice would be to sit tight and hope for the best.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived