Sucessful Visa Stamping at Chennai

hellow123

I just got my visa approved at Chennai Consulate. I like to share my experience

- Travelled to India in Jan 2012. Appeared for Stamping at Hyderabad Consulate in the 1st week of Jan

with EVC model. VO acted very tough. My petition was sent for USCIS review

- I found an employer offered me direct employment. Its a desi shop with some in house projects.

I don't want to go to same consulate. So i flew to chennai.

Here is how it went

Me: Good morning

VO: Good morning

Then he checked his screen for some information

I untied the documents bundled by support staff. He mentioned i shouldn't do that and he asked me the rubber band which i was holding in my hands

I said sorry

VO: which company your work for

me: My employer name

VO: Client place??

Me: Its a direct employment

VO: what's your role

Me: I started explaining, he stopped me after three sentences

VO: Your employer has only 48 employees. How he is going to pay good salary

Me: I shown him offer letter with $70K explained him that they have good number of clients and we offer data storage solutions.

VO: Name some clients

Me: i replied with couple of client names (I was holding service agreements from clients in my hand. He didn't ask for those)

VO: He started checking something on screen .. a pause of 10 seconds felt like 10 hours

The Golden words.. Your Visa approved. Have a nice stay in US

Me: thank you. You have a good day

VO: you too

This VO seems to very nice person in general. He approved 3 out of 3 standing before me in the Q.

One of those three was so much tensed. He was sweating like a hell. He could n't even speak in good tone with VO.

VO asked him if everything is OK and there is no need for anxiety here. He offered if he likes to have some water. He approved his VISA too.

My two cents

- check throughly your I129 and Labor

Some of us don't bother to go through those documents. We think its consulate related doc.

VO may ask questions based on I129. Go through all those lines and understand

- be confident. This time i didn't allow butterflies enter into my stomach.

- If your appointment is in early hours like 8am or 9am , try grab a light breakfast and coffee. Don't attend without having breakfast.

- Most of the threads listed various scenarios. Try practicing yourself and imagine you r facing the VO.

- Try to speak in calm and low voice with VO. Be pleasant when you speak to VO. Avoid arrogance from confidence.

Finally we also need a little bit of luck in the Visa stamping game.

Good luck to you all.

Archived