H1B Extension - 6 yrs completed , I-140 Approved .

Priya_sudha

Hello Friends,

Good Morning , Hope you are doing great .

I am going to complete my H1B 6 yrs in the month of June 2012 . I got my I-140 approved .

First question : When I should file my H1B .

Second Question : I am working in VA and my paystub has state deductions of NJ ( my earlier project is from NJ 2011 ) since Feb 2012 I am working in VA . My employer says its not a problem and my paystub has VA address the current address . My employer says he will file for LCA of VA after getting H1B approval . I am worried that my work place is different and the state deductions are different . Will their be any problem . My employer says no issues . Please advice . I am not sure how it works . My client letter will be from VA but the LCA going to be filed with H1B will be from NJ .

Please advice I am in great tension.

What will be the cost of filing LCA ? I am asking becoz might be the cost is making my employer to set back to get new LCA from VA .

Thanks in advance . Awaiting for your replies .

All yours / Priya .

Hello Friends,

Good Morning , Hope you are doing great .

I am going to complete my H1B 6 yrs in the month of June 2012 . I got my I-140 approved .

First question : When I should file my H1B .

You can file for h1 extension 6months before the date of expiry.

Second Question : I am working in VA and my paystub has state deductions of NJ ( my earlier project is from NJ 2011 ) since Feb 2012 I am working in VA . My employer says its not a problem and my paystub has VA address the current address . My employer says he will file for LCA of VA after getting H1B approval . I am worried that my work place is different and the state deductions are different . Will their be any problem . My employer says no issues . Please advice . I am not sure how it works . My client letter will be from VA but the LCA going to be filed with H1B will be from NJ .

Running the payroll for NJ may not be a big issue except for the fact you will have to pay taxes for two states, NJ and VA.

The LCA has to be filed for your work location which is VA.If a DHS officer visits the client site in NJ and you are not to be found, they will come back with questions.

Please advice I am in great tension.

What will be the cost of filing LCA ? I am asking becoz might be the cost is making my employer to set back to get new LCA from VA .

Thanks in advance . Awaiting for your replies .

All yours / Priya .

• 1 month later...

Archived