I485 Concern to apply or not with Single Status

raoatlaw

Hi All,

Please advice on what are the advantages in going with applying with i485 while on single status.

Facts:

1. i have been with my employer A since the day i moved from F1 (October 2006)
  2. Employer A applied for labor and i-140 (both got approved) and the Priority Date : 06/02/2009 - My visa is going to expire on 09/30/2012. after which i need to go for stamping again with EVC model.
  3. Considering the fact that i still have time till april 30th to apply for i-485 ( due to the dates being retrogressed to aug- 2007 from may)
  4. Present Marital status: single

Questions/Concerns:

1. Can i apply for I-485 processing and have my EAD approved ?
  2. Planning to get married in next few months - later can i apply for my spouse(who need to come to USA on H4) once i get EAD and before my dates become current again with my PD ? or is it only i can apply her on my EAD once the dates are current with my PD?
  3. What are the benefits in going with approach stated in 2.
  4. What is the probability that the PD (06/02/2009) would come to current in next 6 months.?
  5. OR altogether shall i wait till i get married to apply for I-485 along with my spouse once the dates are current with my PD (as we are not sure about the current dates to meet my PD).

Would greatly appreciate on any suggestions that you can throw to ease my dilemma and put me out of this current situation?

Archived