Urgent H1B Transfer

murthy557

Hello,

Am currently working for company A(Consulting) for a client X. Now the client wants to hire me/is in processing and applied for my H1B today with a start date of April26th.

If my h1b is approved i have couple of questions.

--> Approved between now and April 26th,(Still i start working with Client X from 26th and can work with Company A till 26th)

--> Company A pays me every month on 8th, and cient x is suppose to run my payroll 15 days once. So is it ok to receive payrolls from 2 companys for different dates of working but similar pay date. (Am asking this because Company A will run my pay roll for apr1st to 26th on May 8th and mean while Client X will run my pay rol for 15 days starting April 26th).

--> if My H1B is approved for Client X from April 26th, can i delay the start date and work for company A for few more days.

Finally what if my H1B is not approved for client X, can i still be with company A with my old H1B.

Please reply/ or let me know if you need more information.

Thank you in advance.

--> Approved between now and April 26th,(Still i start working with Client X from 26th and can work with Company A till 26th)

--> Company A pays me every month on 8th, and cient x is suppose to run my payroll 15 days once. So is it ok to receive payrolls from 2 companys for different dates of working but similar pay date. (Am asking this because Company A will run my pay roll for apr1st to 26th on May 8th and mean while Client X will run my pay rol for 15 days starting April 26th).

You won't have any problem to get payments from two employer. This is the money you earned working on valid visa status. One can work on multiple H1bs at a same time.

--> if My H1B is approved for Client X from April 26th, can i delay the start date and work for company A for few more days.

You need to start working for from the start date mentioned on X's H1b filing. If you wanna start a few days later, document everything and keep it.

Finally what if my H1B is not approved for client X, can i still be with company A with my old H1B.

Yes, you can still be with A. Suggestion: Don't resign A before getting the X's H1b approved.

Archived