Working in a US company from India

jonnysing

Hello

I am currently working in US for a US company on H1B visa. I will be leaving US soon and go back to India for good. My current US company offered me a position to continue work for them from India. This company does not have a branch in India, so all my paper work and payroll related activities will remain with the US office itself.

My question is, can I continue working with this company from India? Is this legally correct? Again since I am on H1B, my company told me I don't need to pay taxes in US. Can I pay my taxes in India with the W2 I receive from this company?

Thanks.

if this is true, then jonnysing cannot be on US payroll, means company cannot generate your paychecks in US $.

It is true, but it has nothing to do with being on the payroll of the US company.

Even if you are working from abroad, it is possible to be on the US payroll and get paychecks in US$. As I said, there are tax implications, so it is not all that easy, but it is possible.

Hello

I am currently working in US for a US company on H1B visa. I will be leaving US soon and go back to India for good. My current US company offered me a position to continue work for them from India. This company does not have a branch in India, so all my paper work and payroll related activities will remain with the US office itself.

My question is, can I continue working with this company from India? Is this legally correct? Again since I am on H1B, my company told me I don't need to pay taxes in US. Can I pay my taxes in India with the W2 I receive from this company?

Thanks.

Luckeist chap. Stayign back in india, no tensions of insurance, medicals, indian food...but earnign dollars!

Archived