H1 Transfer after RFE

scranwb

I was working for company A on H1B. Last year I got my I-140 approved and got 3 more years of extension after my initial 6 years. Recently I have changed my job and started working for Company B. Company B filed for H1B transfer. Now I got an RFE for company B. I am worried how my company B is going to respond to the RFE.

When I left company A, they have submitted a letter to revoke my H1 petition.

Now if I look for a new opportunity with company C to transfer my H1B and at the same time if my original H1B is revoked. Is that still I am eligible to get H1B approval through company C, even after my H1B is revoked by company A?

Generally, once the employer withdraws an H1B petition no more status benefits can be derived from the petition. It may be possible for Company C to file a change of employer petition from Company B to Company C based on the pending petition with Company B. This is called bridging and Company B's petition must be approved before the petition can be approved with Company C. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the risks of bridging and the different options that may be available to you.

Archived