Question on PERM

Iam_crazy

May be I will explain better. My H1B expires June next year (6 yrs) so I really do not want to go out of status..

I think by the time the audit is responded , I wont have time to file a new PERM and apply extension?

So I was thinking if I can apply PERM from a different company and move there once approved I will be safe right?

Also, can i cancel the PERM and apply for a new one? Please help me..

You haven't gotten my answer...

A company is required to pay for PERM, including lawyer fees. That's a couple thousand dollars. They can not get reimbursed for this, in any form.

No sane company would do that if they don't have a realistic expectation that the person comes to work for them.

I will join them if my PERM there is approved..

Also, can I request my current company to cancel my PERM (even tough it is in audit) and apply for a new one?

Even if you withdraw your PERM, your company has to respond to the DOL regarding the Audit.

Sure, some other company can file your PERM based on future employment and the Audit risk is much higher for that.

If you feel the Audit outcome may not be successful, it's better to join the new employer and start the PERM.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived