H1B Laid off H1B-F1-H1B

vidhu123

Hello All

I got laid off 2 days back and I am in process of COS to F1. My question is -- once I apply for COS for F1 and suppose if I find a job in next 2-3 weeks. can I start working as soon as my H1b got approved or I have to wait till October to start working again. this is my 4 year on H1B.

And is H1b to F1 is easy or H1b to B2 is easy

I am trying to get an F1 from Northeastern university or community college. So is that a good idea or its better to go with B2 COS.

I talked to NEU and they are going to provide me with an I-20 in around 2 weeks. so is it safe to wait till that time or start a B2 COS right away

vidhu123, you don't need to wait for H1b approval to start working again. It happened to me too. I was H1b to F2 to H1 and second time H1b to H4 to H1b. As attorney suggested me I was able to start working right after getting receipt.

Hello

Thanks for the help.

I have one more question, do anyone can suggest me a good university to get an I-20 really fast. because I talk to some universities in Boston area and they are taking 4-5 weeks to issue a I-20. so is their any other way to get it faster. so I will not go out of status.

Thanks for the help

vidhu123, you don't need to wait for H1b approval to start working again. It happened to me too. I was H1b to F2 to H1 and second time H1b to H4 to H1b. As attorney suggested me I was able to start working right after getting receipt.

Actually, that has changed. Nowadays, people have to wait for H1 COS approval before starting to work.

Archived