complex situation, need suggestions

bhushanb

Hello Forum Members,

I have an unusual situation and would really appreciate inputs from all.

I joined a well known and well established company in location A as a New Colllege Graduate, and my H1B Petition was filed for Location A. After a few months I was asked to Temporarily Relocate to Location B.

My Manager and myself weren't aware that we needed to get my LCA and H1B Amended. Recently I got my H1B approved and I planned to visit India. With just a few days away from my travel, I received an email from the Attorney that my LCA and H1B needs to be amended.

I spoke to the Attorney and he was concerned that I might face issues because I have Work Auth for Loc A but not B. He did not mention what issues I could face though. He mentioned that if the Officer at Consulate asks me my work location, I should mention Loc A and if the Officer finds out about Loc B then I should say I make frequent trips to Loc B and LCA is being amended for this purpose.

But, in my latest Payslips, though Loc B is nowhere mentioned, and my residential address is still mentioned as Loc A. Due to Relocation, State Tax for Loc B has been withheld, and not Loc A. Could this come under scanner?

Is there a solution I could use to avoid any issues?

If the officer objects to this, what are the issues that could arise, and how to deal with it?

For personal reasons I cannot delay my Travel to India, and I would really really appreciate if someone can give me some suggestions. Thanks in advance

Generally, any time there is a material change to the terms and conditions of the H1B petition, an amended petition must be filed. USCIS and DOS take the position that a change in work location is a material change which requires an amended petition. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the risks of applying for a visa at a U.S. consulate abroad without an amended petition, as well as any potential status issues you may be facing in the U.S.

Archived